Our membership year runs from January to December.
Two local businesses have generously made available a 10% discount on regular priced green nursery stock to members of the Russell and District Horticultural Society.
Visit Barry’s Home Hardware and Beyond the House Garden Centre, both on Craig Street in Russell for your next plant purchase.
All you have to do is show your 2022 membership card before you pay.
Wondering about other nurseries? Just ask at the store and show your membership card. Many places also give discounts for gardeners.
2022 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Grace Stapper, President
Lindley McPhail, Co-First Vice-President
Pegi Holtz, Co-First Vice-President
Louise Houle, Second Vice-President
Manja Bastian, Treasurer
Connie Johnston, Secretary
Carole Van Die, Past President
Susan Barr, Director
Linda Duhamel, Director
Maria-Claire Ivanski, Director
Julie Keravel, Director
Christine Lanthier, Director
Marilyn MacMillan, Director
Diane Sharp, Director
Peter Van Die, Director
Marianne Vedder, Director
Spring Plant Sale: Louise Houle and Pegi Holtz
Juniors Liaison: Julie Keravel
Library Liaison: Lindley McPhail
High School Awards: Marilyn MacMillan
Flower Shows: Louise Houle and Pegi Holtz
Garden Tours: Louise Houle
Day trips: Louise Houle
Workshops: Louise Houle
Membership: Manja Bastian and Linda DuHamel
Historical Records: Margaret Helliker
Refreshments: Marilyn MacMillan
Sunshine: Linda DuHamel
Yearbook: Jacqueline Wyss and Pegi Holtz
The objectives of the Russell and District Horticultural Society are to encourage interest and education in horticulture by:
- holding meetings and educational workshops;
- encouraging the planting of trees, shrubs and flowers in our community;
- promoting outdoor beautification;
- arranging field trips, competitions and exhibitions related to horticulture;
- distributing seeds, plants, bulbs, flowers, trees and shrubs;
- promoting the protection of the natural environment;
- promoting the circulation of horticultural information through any media;
- stimulating an interest in the study of horticulture in gardeners of all ages.